Monday, March 23, 2009

Ok, That's Just Gross...

So I'm sure you can imagine that with 5 kids to get ready every morning, there is a time and place for everything. Kids have to have breakfast, use the bathroom or get their diapers changed, brush their teeth and get dressed.

Now it just so happened that this morning a delivery arrived that I had to look over and sign for. This meant that the above list was set back between breakfast and the diaper changes. What ended up happening is that after changing two diapers, Jon's and Ellie's, I was about to start Maggie's when I noticed something strange about her nightie pants. She looked like she was storing a vast treasure in her pants at her ankle. I knew what this meant...her diaper had become unattached and had slid down her leg to her ankle. Well not the best thing to find, but it could be worse right? She could be dirty too... Yeah, do you see where I'm going with this? I gingerly removed her pants noting that there was a brown discoloration to them, and griped her other ankle (the one her diaper avoided) only to get a hand full of something quite squishy. Evidently, her diaper hadn't wanted anything to do with the mess and had gone in quite the opposite direction. So what I ended up with was one sopping wet diaper on one leg, and all the rest on the other.

"Maggie,...can you say gross"?

I love this job!

No comments: