Thursday, March 4, 2010

Potty Training, A Last Resort...

Oh the joys of toddler hood,...learning to walk, learning to talk, learning to throw tantrums, and the most glorious of it all, learning to control one's bodily functions. Yes ladies' and gentlemen, the time has come for the twins to be potty trained. Now, I know that some think that as soon as a child turns two it should commence, and there are those who want each child to begin when he or she is ready. And then there is me. I want to potty train the twins this summer, after baby Sam arrives. Sure, they'll be two and a half, sure they're ready now, but I made my decision months ago. Don't I get a say in any of this?

Nope.

For the past few months I have tried and failed to find a way to keep a diaper on both twins. Not on their watch! They take off the cloth, they take off the throw away, they even strip complicated clothing off just to get at their diapers. I even had one of them (I think it was Maggie) pull the diaper up and out of her pants.
I spend half the day chasing down under clothed toddlers just for the chance to re-diaper them for the umpteenth time. So at long last I have decided to potty train them, because one way or another nothing seems to be ending up in the diapers anyway.

So lift your glass, and toast with me to "long life, and clean floors".

No comments: