Saturday, March 27, 2010

Days That Were Made For Tears...

I don't think I could fully describe the emotions I felt today, so instead let me just list the main events and let you fill in the blanks with whatever your mind can imagine.

1. Husband gone for the whole day.
2. Kids not wanting to do their chores, and subsequently goofing off instead.
3. Me thinking the toddlers are watching a movie while the older kids do their chores in the same room, which leads to...
4. The twins dumping soap all over themselves and the kitchen floor.
5. Me having a meltdown, and sending all the kids to their rooms for the remainder of the day.
6. Me doing the chores for the kids because lets face it someone has to do it.
7. Me going to my room to do my own chores.
8. Jon sneaking downstairs and into the backyard where he played with sunscreen and dirt, spreading it on my previously clean kitchen floor.
9. Katie, still hungry after dinner, uses the microwave to warm some bread and learns like the cavemen how to make fire.
10. Jon pours a mound of dirt on my sad kitchen floor, after I sent all the kids outside to get away from the smoke caused by igniting bread.

With any luck, that will be all and the rest of the evening will be wonderfully boring....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And I was complaining about my day! Suddenly being at home by myself and cleaning bathrooms and doing homework doesn't sound too bad.

I hope tomorrow goes better!

SoCalKat said...

Maybe we should bring back locking one's kids in the backyard all day back...

Rebecca said...

I'm working on getting the backyard up to par. We just fenced off the garden and fruit trees for their own protection. And we added sprinklers to the ground where we want grass. All we need now is the swing set and we're golden:)