Monday, March 22, 2010

Behind Closed Doors...

I am very careful to close all the upstairs bedroom and bathroom doors, due to the fact that I have two very curious and resourceful toddlers. They have a great need to get into things and places that they don't belong. Now when I call them resourceful, I mean that they have taken to enlisting their slightly older brother Jon, in their mischief. Jon knows how to open doors.
So this morning while I was otherwise occupied, Jon let himself and the twins into the upstairs bathroom. But don't worry, Jon being so responsible, closed the door behind them.
Now, mothers seem to have a six sense about when their little ones are up to something nefarious. That sense hit me like a wall, and up the stairs I went. Hmm....all the doors are closed just like I left them....but it's so quite....wherever could my little ones be? In the bathroom of course! I open the door to find one toddler naked leaning over the side of the tub, the other one dressed but covered in soap as she emptied a second bottle of bath wash into the tub, and Jon, dear Jon enjoying the adventure by playing with the toilet. (no water was used in the making of this hugh mess)

Can I scream now?

No comments: