Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reality, when you're almost 6...

Conversation I just had with Katie...

Katie: "Jon just turned 2 a while ago."
Mommy: "That's right, his birthday was last week."
Katie: "But Jon doesn't look two."
Mommy: "He doesn't?"
Katie: "No, He looks bigger than 2 like maybe 3."
Mommy: "Do you think so?"
Katie: "Yes. I know that when he is grown up he is going to be small like this." She squats down, and puts her hand on her head to show me how small.
Mommy: "You think he's going to be that small huh?"
Katie: "Yes." she said this very directly. "I know, because Hannah is bigger." Hannah is her cousin.
Mommy: "Do you know how old Hannah is? Hannah's 5."
Katie: "Yes. But she was bigger when she was 2, I know, I remember."
Mommy: "Ok." Just can't argue with that.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Haha! Cute! Tell Katie that Hannah misses her!