Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Facing My Fears...

I have a friend who likes to tell me that I need to face my fears. My response has always been that my fears and I have been such good company these long years that I could not imagine changing them. Well, in honor of my friend, I would like to share how I faced one of my fears yesterday.

Have you ever watched one of those car chases? You know, the ones where one car bumps into the other trying to knock it from the road? Well I have watched those, and been "concerned" about the possibility of it happening to me in real life. I know what you're thinking...a bit on the dramatic side aren't I? Never the less, I have often seen cars inch a little too close for comfort on the road and those scenes are the first thing I think of.
Now, it just so happens, that this very thing happened to me yesterday on the freeway while driving 60mph. A tan truck was driving parallel to me and decided that he liked my lane better. So over he did glide, right into my van. Scared the living daylights out of me!!! I screamed, each time he bumped me. By the grace and mercy of my Lord and Savior, I was not pushed out of my lane, nor were we hurt (all 5 kids were with me). Eddie later told me that he thought I had a spider on me and that was why I was screaming (at my house, screaming and spiders go hand in hand).
So here's to you my fearless friend. I have faced a fear and won. Now the rest of my fears and I are going to have some tea, would you like to join us?

5 comments:

The Phillips Place said...

Nothing like being forced to face your fears! Wow, that is scary! That has -almost- happened to me a few times, but never became a reality. I'm so glad you and the kids were ok! How is the van?

I'm with you-- let's just go to tea :).

Rebecca said...

The van has some dent/scratch damage, but is otherwise ok. You would think at 60mph it would be worse, but nope. Most likely it will cost my deductible and a penny over to fix it, Murphy's law and all.

Jenny said...

I'm glad you're ok! Sounds like he was on something- drugs are alcohol... you can call 911 to report drunk drivers. Although I hope you never have too- don't drink and drive people!

Grey Magistrate said...

"My response has always been that my fears and I have been such good company these long years that I could not imagine changing them." What a great line!

(Oh, and I'm glad that you're safe!)

Just Us said...

Shiza girl! I would of screamed to. That is so funny that Eddie thought you had a spider on you! I can just see him in the back telling the other kids "its ok guys, mommy just has a spider on her!"
Glade you and the kids are ok!