Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Great Escape, or Tiramisu My Darling...

Last night, I made a mad dash out of the house with the twins (after hours of thinking up reasons why not to go), to attend a women's bible study dinner with ladies from my church. We met at a lovely little Greek/Italian restaurant. I had already eaten dinner with my family, so I only ordered dessert...twice. Well what was I to do with Tiramisu on the menu? (I think that almost rhymes) And no, I didn't order Tiramisu twice (although I was tempted), I ordered Baklava the second time. Ooooo...and they were both soooo good. The trip was worth it for that alone. Of course, I did enjoy the conversation and company too.
I must say, that one of the pluses to nursing twins is that I don't feel as guilty for enjoying a little bit more dessert here and there. Don't I get one dessert per baby? Well maybe not, but I think I should. I suppose I'll have to carry them up and down the stairs twice as many times now, but it was soooo worth it.
Did I mention I love Tiramisu?

2 comments:

The Phillips Place said...

Dessert twice! Heaven! The next time we go out to eat I just might do this... :)

Jenny said...

Sounds fantastic! I'm still trying to lose that baby weight myself- ugh!

Can I get your mailing addy? I found some stuff from Jon's shower that I thought you might like as a keepsake... yes, I know I need to clean out my closets more often!