Friday, November 14, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow...

So, I have this habit of trimming my own hair in the back, whenever it feels too long. Usually, this is not a problem because I follow 1 rule: less is more. This means that however much you think you want to cut off, cut less. Trust me, it works! I usually get just the right amount by cutting less than I think I need to cut.
I bet you all can just guess where this blog is going...I broke my rule. I was in a hurry to cut before the kids all woke up yesterday morning, and I had an idea in my head of what I wanted the back to look like, and I cut. Um...yeah...so after I tried to line up the rest of the "trim" so as to make it even, I had only one thought,..."at least it will grow back". Not the most promising thoughts I can assure you. Well, while my hair was still wet it was a bit short, livable but short. But when my hair dried...uh...not so good. Have you ever seen one of those poodles with the long ears? It kinda looked like that. No, I'm not kidding.
So after trying several different way to "put it up", I finally gave up and went to Great Clips and had them fix it. It was nice to be able to tell them what I wanted and to have them do it. They did a great job, and my hair actually looks like I had wanted it too. Crazy huh?
The moral of this story? Never deviate from rule 1. (yes, I will cut my own hair again, but not today)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh man you are brave...I could NEVER do that!