Monday, August 25, 2008

Thank You, Grandma Chris...

I would like to take a moment and write a thank you note to Grandma Chris, who has spent the last three months working her socks off helping our family.


Dear Grandma Chris,

Thank you for listening to Eddie and his endless stories and details about his favorite computer games.
Thank you for letting Katie help you cook, clean house, and do other "fun" chores around the house.
Thank you for sitting with Jon and reading the same book 20 times in a row, and running after him when he couldn't sit still.
Thank you for holding and changing and loving Ellie and Maggie when they needed it.
Thank you for cleaning my house, doing laundry, and the dishes, so that I could spend more time with my children, for listening to me talk endlessly about who knows what, and for loving my children.
Thank you for helping with Fitz (our dog), by pooper-scooping, walking him, brushing him, feeding him, and just being his buddy.
But most of all, thank you for raising a wonderful, godly man for me to love, cherish, and care for, for the rest of my days.

May you be filled with the Spirit, and have great joy on your next path. We have been privileged to have shared our path with you these past three months.

No comments: