Saturday, May 17, 2008

Scrabble for the strong minded...

My mother and I took Katie and Jon out to do some shopping this morning. We happen to be out around lunch time, and I was getting quite hungry as were the kids. So we went to the McDonald's drive-thru to fix our dilemma. Now other than the fact that I try not to buy fast food too often, this event really wouldn't be worth writing about if not for my darling daughter and her made-up words. See when ever she can't remember the name of something, or if she can't think of a way to describe something, she makes up a new word or words to use in its place. Now, this may be common place for 5 year olds, but Eddie never did it, so it fascinates me.
Back to this morning...
Because I had a coupon, I bought her a new southern style chicken biscuit (Jon and I had one too). She loved the biscuit, but told me that the chicken was "too spicy", that it was "pig-treeish", and that she didn't want to eat it, but thought that Jon or I should. Since Jon and I had already eaten ours (being that, pig-treeish things don't really bother us) Katie gave it to Eddie when we got home. Eddie loved it.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Too funny! Gwen adds "ish" to the end of lots of words too. My favorite is when she is trying to describe a caucasian person and tells me their skin is sort of "pale-ish".