Friday, September 16, 2011

Doughnuts, Anyone?...

So I've discovered that while most all foods make me feel sick, glazed doughnuts are the exception. After weeks and weeks of trying to find healthy foods I could eat, I am a little disappointed to be eating doughnuts. My nurse mid-wife told me it was ok as long as when the morning sickness goes away we work hard on eating healthy food.

I have tried a few different stores to find just the right doughnuts. Surprisingly, the "Doughnut Store" (whom I won't name by name) had the worst, driest doughnuts, and the most expensive at a dollar a doughnut. The best and cheapest ones come from my local grocery store. You would think a grocery store would have more important things to do than make good tasting doughnuts, but I guess you'd be wrong. Twelve doughnuts for three dollars. And did I mention that they taste good!

Having used up my last doughnut while writing this blog, I shall endeavor to make a trip to the store today. After all, I wouldn't want to be doughnutless tomorrow.

2 comments:

Grey Magistrate said...

Don't forget about jelly-filled and cruellers!

Rebecca said...

What is a crueller?