Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh, Potty Time, I thought You Said Party Time...

Yesterday, Jon started down the sometimes long road to becoming a "big boy". There were a few surprises along the way (for me that is). First, even though he still shakes his head no about using the potty, he had a 50% success rate! For a first day I thought this was Fabulous! My next surprise was that Katie seemed to decide that it was her job to be his coach. I kept hearing her high little voice saying, "Sit on the potty Jon. Good job. Now stand up so I can see if you peed. Ok, now sit back down. Good job, your going to be a big boy now!". My last surprise was the least pleasant. Unbeknown to me, Jon had dropped a nugget on the floor in the play room. The nugget, not made of wisdom or gold, was found by Ellie who had eaten it. Yuck! I found her smiling with something less than pleasant smeared on her hands and face. After cleaning her up, and then cleaning her up again, I still couldn't get rid of her "fresh" breath. At the risk of being redundant, Yuck! So now I call her my "E-coli kid". And yes, I called the Doctor's office and found out that no, this is not the first time in the history of man that this has happened, nor was there anything that I could do about it. Over all, I think his first day potty training was a triumph.

Cheers! May today bring more of the good, and less of the bad.

1 comment:

The Phillips Place said...

oh girl! i can so identify with you! morgan did the same thing when she was about 10 months old, except with puppy doo-doo. why do they always have such a huge smile on their face afterwards? gives a whole new meaning to "s%*@-eating grin" eh?? (and don't tell mom i said that!!)