Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Really, My Dog Did It...

The new dog, Brandon, is too smart. It took him only one week to figure out how to open the kid safety gate that is suppose to keep the kids in and the dogs out of the playroom.
So yesterday I was outside for a moment messing with the garden fence when low and behold, who comes crawling out to meet me, but Ellie and Maggie. Ellie had a paint brush in her hand and picked up a rock to chew on, and Maggie had a spoon in her hand and a lego in her mouth. Yum. The grin these girls gave me could have stopped a bus! They were so proud of themselves, having escaped the safety of the kid room to join their older siblings in the great outdoors.
So I grabbed Maggie and took the lego and spoon away, grabbed Ellie and removed the rock and paint brush, and took them both back inside. The gate was wide open.
I guess I now need a dog proof gate as well as a kid proof one.

1 comment:

SoCalKat said...

Well whose fault is it for picking out a smart breed?