Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Here she comes to save the day!...

On Tuesday, my mother-in-law arrived by airplane from the UP (for those of you who are geographically challenged like me, that would be the Upper Peninsula of Michigan). She arrived prepared to enter full Grandma status, and has already begun to "lighten" my load one twin at a time. I have been impressed at how quickly she got to work, and now I wish I had gotten a "Grandma" sooner.

(what would it be like if a Grandma came with every baby...?)

Hospital room, fade in...
Nurse enters room
Nurse: "What a beautiful baby girl you have. Here is the Grandma menu. Feel free to order your Grandma anytime before 7pm tonight, when the Grandma shop closes. It usually takes about 45minutes to an hour to have your Grandma delivered, so don't wait too long."
Nurse exits room
Happy parents smile at each other and pick up the phone...
Operator: "Grandma Shop, how can I help you?"
Father: "Hi, yes, we just had a baby and would like to order our Grandma now."
Operator: "Sure, I can help you with that. Do you know what kind you want? Do you have a menu?"
Father: "Yes we do, right here. Umm..we were thinking about ordering the "Gold Model". Can we get that with the "Bronze Model" laundry help"?
Operator: "I sorry Sir, but unfortunately we can't mix the attributes because all the Grandmas are pre-made".
Father: "Oh,..ok, I understand. In that case we would like to order the "Silver Model". Will you be able to deliver that tonight"?
Operator: "Yes, I can have the Grandma there within the hour".
Father: "Perfect. Thank you".
Operator: "Your welcome Sir. Will there be anything else"?
Father: "Nope. That's it".
Operator: "Good-Bye".
Father: "Bye".
Father hangs up phone.
Fade out...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How neat! I bet your mom is thrilled to have more grandma-help!