Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

After having six kids with doctors in hospitals, I feel ready for a change. I just can't stand the thought of repeating the same old run again. This time I am going to hire a midwife. I have been looking into midwifery since I was pregnant with number six, but I just wasn't ready to make the jump then. I'm ready now. The goal is to have a certified nurse-midwife deliver my baby in a hospital. I really want to have a home birth, but I feel like that maybe to far of a jump. Baby steps...Hopefully if this goes well the next time could be at home (and yes we would be willing to have more). I have my first appointment with a midwife this Friday. I am starting with a medical group that has 3 obgyns and 4 midwives on staff. That way if I needed a Dr, one would be available. I am really hoping it goes well and I like them.

No comments: