Monday, July 21, 2008

Toothpaste...Not for the Faint of Heart...

As my kids get older, I find I have more and more use for my poker face. Take tonight for an example.
I neither laughed nor cried while one of my progeny told me that while brushing their teeth with another sibling, that other sibling squeezed all the toothpaste onto the bathroom floor and then stepped in it (stepped being used lightly, I think danced would have been more appropriate myself). This was, of course, being explained to me downstairs (the offending bathroom was upstairs) with both of the children included in the story standing in front of me.
After hearing and seeing all this, I asked to see the feet of the child in question. Yup...blue toothpaste between the toes confirmed. Check!
Blue toothpaste encrusted footprints on the stairs. Check!
And last but not least, "stepped" in blue toothpaste on the bathroom floor. Check!
Well, my poker face lasted until my wonderful husband finished cleaning it up. I looked him in the eyes,...and started to giggle. I just couldn't keep a straight face any longer.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

you have more patience than me Rebecca!