Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Comical Reading Assignment...

Let me just start by saying that we tried the Sunday paper for a few months because we wanted the coupons that came with it. An unknown side effect of receiving the paper however was that Eddie and Katie loved reading the comics. This being said, we have since discontinued the paper, not due to the comic reading but because the coupon vs. cost ratio was not good enough to meet our needs.

On to the comical part... I am now begging my mother to save and send me all of her comics because the kids can't seem to get enough of them! I guess I just figure that if they're that excited about "reading" the comics why should I stand in the way? Who would have thought that the daily comics could be school reading assignments.

Whatever you do, don't tell them they're learning!

Shhhhh......

No comments: